Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

bandit gsf250v engine trouble

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by norisknofun, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Hey guys,
    I have recently purchased a bandit (first bike) and it has been going great up until last weekend.
    I had been riding for a good 20-30mins and attempted to stretch its legs a bit and it hit what seemed to be a rev limiter.
    I tried a few more times and at 12000 it consistantly hits a cut of some kind.Normally goes out to 14 odd
    The bike was definately fully warm and had full tank of fuel.I have never hit the rev limiter (if it even has one) but this cut felt just like my car on the limiter.
    I have recently taken the tank and airbox off,butit all went back together no dramas and the only electrical plugs i disconnected were for the fuel sender..bike runs perfect up to 12000rpm...
    Cheers for any help

edit: I should add that have just recalled putting 91 in it last time!!,is this wrong and will it be the cause of the problem? surely it doesnt have a knock sensor or anything??

2. First thing I'd try is a set of new plugs if you haven't replaced them recently.