Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bandit 250, noisy 3rd and 5th Gear

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Az, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Hey everyone, my 2000 Bandit 250 makes a bit of a thumping/clunking noise in third and fifth gears. i can feel it too. any ideas? Sounds expensive doesn't it???

2. maybe not, it might still be doing it in the lower gears, you just might not be noticing it as much. there is still a possibility that you've got a stuffed sprocket or chain, but get a mechanic to look at it. if it is your gearbox, then yep, i'd expect it to be pretty damn exxy. 8 years ago i spent $400 getting a dodgy repair on 2nd on my CR250, i seriously doubt it'll be as cheap as that tho, very different bike and alot less of them around.

i dont know how you'd manage to root 3rd and 5th in a 250 tho :? no-where near enuff power up that far to do any real damage i would have thought.
  3. Only got the bike yesterday. But i got it at a bargain price for an Aust delivered machine, so i'm not too fussed if i have to spend a bit of $$ on it..