Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bandit 1250 or FZ1?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Ralf76, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Looking for another bike to add to the family , Big bore this time .
    Cant decide which one ! Any Ideas ? Around the 5 6 K .

2. FZ

But, I'm biased..

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bandit, looking at your other two bikes, the Bandit will offer the most contrast and bang for buck.

The FZ1 is a great bike.
    The Bandit is a great bike.
    FZ is a bit sportier in engine, Bandit has more down low and can be really enjoyable to just leave in one gear and ride the torque wave.

If you can find one in your budget, GSX1400, like a bigger more grunty Bandit, still handle pretty well and fantastic for long rides.
  4. FZ1 but I'm biased too
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Completely unbiased, I'd recommend a Hypermotard.

But failing that, both the FZ1 and Bandit are good bikes in different ways. FZ1's sharper, Bandit more solid and comfortable.

That said, I do agree with RED ZXRED ZX, find a GSX1400 if 'big bore' is your brief. (Honda CB1300 is also an option for big lazy torque.)
  6. zrx1200 ?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. XJR1300 is yet another option.

Big bore, 80s styled muscle bikes, just with less years on them.
  8. Owned a FZ1 for 6 years and loved it. It isn't really big bore though, so based on that if you only have those two on the short list that leaves the bike that isn't the FZ1.

Have you considered others?
  9. FZ1
    Handles better than bandit
    sporty engine
    comfy seating position

Bandit 1250FA
    Bang for buck
    fantastic engine grunt
    you will want to ride it again and again
    I would take the bandit with some minor suspension upgrades happy days.