Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

BAN Doctors ??

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by Pariah, Jun 23, 2005.

1. i was emailed this and found it funny..............

(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.

(8) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.

(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.

(Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health Human Services.)

(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000. Yes, that is 80 million.

(8) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.

(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188.

Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do."

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors

before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

* Out of concern for the public at large, I have withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention
  2. I LOVE IT!!!
    Another wonderful example of how you can make statistics prove any point you want to prove as long as you use them creatively.
    I'm never going to the doctor again.
  3. Yes like a survey conducted amongst netrider members found an overwhelming high response (99.9%) pointing to rC36 being a twat.
  4. Eeeeh....what about intention deaths?
  5. Hehehe...

Doctors: helping you tread the fine line between pleasure and pain.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  6. Give it a rest, padros, you're only making yourself look more stupid.
  7. 11,000 or so, if I remember Bowling for Columbine correctly.

Problem is - most people going to the doctor are already sick for some reason, possibly dying. Most people who get shot haven't already been shot and are going to die anyway - they get shot and die just once.

Another interesting stat - how many lives do doctors save? How many lives to guns save? Why is there 1 gun for every 3 Canadians, yet they only shoot each other a couple of hundred times in a year, not 11,000?
  8. You can make statistics prove anything

99.5% of people know that.

Watch out if your doctor is a gun owner!
  9. Even more worrying is that the current mortality rate of humans is running at-
    Shocking isn't it!
  10. You must remember that studies show that 84.73% of statistics are wrong.
  11. and 50% of statistics are made up. :p
  12. And only because we are in the numbers field, did you hear about the American firm who made some whiskey-flavoured toothpaste? After extensive trials they found that 72% of users had more cavities, but didn't give a damn!!!
  13. Mark Twain, the famous American author said that there are 3 types of lies.
    Damn Lies