Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bags-Connection Cargobag touching exhaust heat shield

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by GJ384, Oct 10, 2012.

1. I'm thinking about getting a Bags-Connection Cargobag for my Street Triple:

Only thing is, I've got the stock pipes rather than the lowboy, and the guy I've been talking to at Motorrad Garage sent me some photos to show that the bag when fitted sits on the exhaust heat shields. As you can probably guess I'm worried about the heat shields melting the bag, leaving a trail of bits of bag and contents in my wake...

To at least reduce the chances of that happening, I'm thinking about either getting some carbon fibre heat shields:

... or simply applying some aluminium foil tape to the parts of the bag that get close to the heat shields:

... or both!

My questions are...
    1. Has anyone else used this bag on a Street Triple?
    2. Does anyone know if carbon fibre would be better at insulating heat away from the bags compared to the stock stainless steel heat shields?

Thanks for any feedback and suggestions!
  2. cf is great for heat shielding.

eg: when i get off my bike at the end of an 1+ hour ride, i can comfortably take my glove off and place my hand on my exhaust. it is a cf akra
    • Like Like x 1