Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bad Rider Stats

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Phoenix_Girl, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Hey all, I was just given some stats on the most crashed bikes!
    Guys it is True most crashed bike :!: R1 Yammy :LOL:
    Now does this mean that the bike is to quick for the rider
    or the bike is not safe!
    Stat source Bob Martins " very reliable"
    :p Im stickin with my SP 2 safer and quicker :D

2. Didn't the R1 also top the most sold list?

More out there means more to crash.
  3. What's the percentage of crashes of the population of R1's on the streets compared with other bikes?
  4. SP2 quicker??? oh yeah, i spose. anyone that gets one of those probly knows how to ride eh :LOL: i have this funny impression of R1 riders, i've only ever known a couple of them to know how to do anything but cruise down beach rd and sip lattes while looking at their reflection in the window :twisted:

now, if anyone was disheartened enuff by that to want to dispose of their R1, GIMME GIMME GIMME :D :LOL:
  5. Never crashed my R1 but I did ride down Chapel St looking at my reflection :)
  6. i know a couple of guys that ride R1's and they are both hoons... definately not cafe riders, and yes they have both stacked a few times and have the odd titanium inserts here and there
  7. I spoke to the Yamaha rep at the Bris motor show last night (thinking of upgrading my bike to an R6) and he said that they get insurance guys calling them up and saying not to sell R1's because apparently new R1's have the shortest average lifespan of any model new bike in Australia.
    I think he was maybe full of shit (he *winked* at me when he gave me his card - yurk!) because he said the average life of a new R1 is about 3 weeks.