Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bad Grampa

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Berek, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Hello class.

Woke up a month ago and decided to upgrade my license from an RE to R. Did the Q-Ride Saturday then went for a test ride of the Yamaha MT-09. Walked out with a brand new 2016 Tracer.
    Very nice bike, just shame about the blue wheels... Dealer didn't know about the blue/black combo that has just been released.

I had owned previously a 2010 Kawasaki Versys 650L from new but hadn't owned a bike since 2012.
    And. This. Thing. Rocks. Pure fun machine. But traveling 2.7 klms to work it's going to take a millennium to run the bloody thing in...

2. Welcome mate, and congratulations! And, just take the long way home from work! Photos of your ride please!!

3. Welcome :D

4. Welcome to NR...

Ahm..you can always take the 'short cut'.

5. Thanks.
    Yep been trying to get out but it's been either too hot or too wet :cautious:

6. Welcome. I rode an MT-09 for the first time on the weekend. They certainly get up and boogie.

7. welcome aboard :)

8. Welcome Berek, nice to meet you, mate.

9. Welcome, Berek.

I wish you very much joy of the new bike.

10. If it's hot, then wear a vented jacket and If it's wet, wear rain gear. ;)

The Tracer is meant to be ridden in all conditions..

11. Thanks guys.
    Bought a new Berik Air series jacket but at 40C it didn't help. Just today I ordered a rain jacket and pants slip ons . Also a pair of water resistant half boots by Ducati. Gotta wait for paydays unfortunately. Hopefully that sees me full ATGATT and ready for anything.