Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bad Day :(

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Blodders, Apr 11, 2007.

1. My new bike WAS coming..... those that know my bike would know that it has been on it's way out for meny moons. at the end of april i finally got the finaces together to replace her.
    YAY it was time to go bike shopping. after looking around and doing my home work i finnally decide that i would like a VTR 250 (still on restrictions) i find one that is in alsome nick and at a price i can afford YAY.
    the guy tells me he is going to be away for two week.. i can live with that....
    at the end of the two weeks i get a phone call to say sorry but he has been sent away for a ferther two weeks .. Damm there goes having a bike over the easter weekend. (what perfect riding weather too)

after waiting almost 4 weeks for the day, it was three days away... can you guess... i get a phone call,
    "sorry mate i can't afford to sell it anymore"

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH after waiting a month to get this bike.... i'm back a square one, no bike.
    and to top it all off last week my old bike (RIP) stopped completly.
    so now i've got no transport.
    i'm ready to go postal........!!!!!!1 :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

2. Dont blame you

3. i posted this at the exact same time as he posted is apology

4. Oh noes!!!

If only there woz ova people selling their bikez somewhere! :( :( :9

Chinup dude :) Every delay = more time to save up for a newer/better/faster/stronger bike with a nicer personality and larger breasts.

5. Sorry to hear about the old bike finally giving up the ghost. Dont know how your going to handle it until you get yourself another. I reckon I'd go nuts just knowing I didnt have a bike to ride now (and yes the weather is perfect for ridiing now) after having it sitting in the drive the last 3.5 months and being able to just get up and go when i felt like it. ... :cool:

All the best of luck with your hunt for a new pair of wheels. Lets hope its sooner rather than later.

6. What's wrong with your old bike?? fixable??

7. bit enoying but in 4 weeks you could of been saving even more money to get something even better

allways look at the positive second hand bike are a dime a dozen in this country

with new bikes becoming cheaper a very good second hand 250 cant be worth more the 4g these days

good luck chasing the right bike

PS want a GPX 250 its cost me about 3G now with new tryes, paint and other stuff plus the purchse price of 1500 needs carbs looked at

I'll take any reasonable offer

8. Fark! Can I see a picture of your bike Ktulu? I've neva seen a bike w boobies b4...? :LOL:

9. Ever thought about SPADAs? Having a chat with a friend today and he mentioned how their frame is supposed to be a tad lighter (and stronger MAYBE?) you get a little bit better handling/fuel effieciency than a vtr 250. Same motors. NO IDEA why Honda decided to swap the frames over, might be cost cutting? I personally never liked the look but know some people who like the look better than the vtr 250. Also, their pricing should be "better" and engines that just go and go. Bulletproof is the old saying :)

10. Ask and ye shall receive

[​IMG]

Yours are way better btw :grin:

11. where are the boobies?

all i can see are the pencil tit blinkers.

12. woodsy. would love to give it a shot to fix it.. but have no space or idea of where to start...
    the back story was i bought the bike for $1600 last august. with in two weeks the problems started i spent anther $2000 in repairs in the foll two months;
    o-rings
    valves
    stater
    numours electrical problems
    and there the problems i remember it was in the shop every two to three weeks for a different problems

and it hit a point where i'd be stupid to sink more money in to it.
    curently it doesn't start (carbs i think)
    needs new cluch
    cogs and chain
    not to mention the valves are leaking agian

But if any ones is interested it trying to fix it i'm willing donate it if they are willing to let me help

13. Are you sure that is a good idea. I mean a CT 110 is a lot smaller than a VTR250, are you sure it will meet your needs? [​IMG]

14. well i got about 5500 to spend..
    might look at a spada
    currently looking a hornets... any comments on the hornet250's?

15. Gday, thinking of selling my spada if you want to have a look?

PM me for details.

J.

16. PM me your info, i'll give you a call