Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bad day

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by ksystemz, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Had a guy in my street just turn around the corner to go into my street , see this poor rider , on R1 stack it his bike , ran into one of those irlands , then into a car , he didnt wear gloves or boots or jacket , he was ok , but he might need a new finger , scared the crap out of me , quickly went and got him some ice and moved his bike , too bloody heavy

2. hope hes alright but should have been wearing protective gear
  3. Sounds like an idiot. No protective gear, and was he drunk? ...or did the traffic island jump in front of him?

Some people just can't help themselves. Lucky for him you did though. Good on ya mate. :wink:
  4. Bugger that he didn't have the right gear on, but everyone can have a bad bike day (take it from me :grin: )
    I came hooting around a corner that I do on a regular basis a little quicker than normal, freaked out and just froze on the throttle! Did everything I possibly could wrong, and still don't know why. (If I was on an R1 I possibly could have ended up in the next state!)
    It happens to car drivers too- they are just less likely to cause themselves serious injury.
    Good on you for helping. I'm only small and I fear the day I drop my baby with no help at hand!
  5. Kudos to you for helping.. :applause: Sounds like it could have been worse.
  6. +1
  7. Good deeds like yours make the world a better place. Good on you. Hope someone like you is round if I ever screw up like that :wink:

"Touch wood" now to not jinx myself