Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bad Baby Names...

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by TonyE, Mar 18, 2008.

1. From http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23631411/

Click on the links at side...:LOL:

What would compel a parent to bestow a newborn with a name like “Tiny Hooker†or “Fanny Large� Or an amusing choice like “Wanna Towell"? It’s not just Hollywood’s elite opting for unique, embarrassing names—throughout history, normal people separated their offspring from the masses with truly terrible names.

Bart Simpson's prank calls to Moe's Tavern are nearly legendary, but the sad fact is that some people actually go through life with those goofy names. The following Bart creations all exist within the Ancestry.com databases:

Al Caholic
    Oliver Clothesoff
    I.P. Freely
    Seymour Butz
    Mike Rotch
    Hugh Jass
    Amanda Hugginkiss
    Ivana Tinkle
    Anita Bath
    Maya Buttreeks

It's not just the Yanks either. When I lived in the Latrobe Valley, the local paper used to publish all the new baby photos and their names. There was one poor kid who scored the name "Krystal D1ck" :cry:

2. My brother went to school with an Emily D i c k, whose mother's name was Ophelia.

The chief executive of Zildjian Cymbals in Canada, sometime in the 1990s, was a bloke called Randy R a p e r.

My mum called me the other day to tell me she'd met a "Rod Polkinghorne" - a chutneymaker from Neerim South who calls himself "Mr. Beef."

It goes on and on... Boy there's some shockers out there.

3. And I knew a couple with the same surname who named their daughter "Ophelia".

Poor girl...

Worked with a guy who was P. Ness - which was bad enough...and apparently his parents were kind enough to label all his stuff at school that way.

Hmm...lets see...one of my sister's friends at school had the surname "Killer" Her father was a doctor....no wonder he worked in the air force, I'm sure he wouldn't get many patients in a private practice :LOL:

And I went to school with a Mike Hunt :LOL:

4. In the late sixties I was friends with a man who was the Australian head of one of the world's big missionary societies, OMF. His name was Howard Knight. He told the story of a young man who he was lecturing in Bible college. This young man was so taken with his lecturer that he announced the intention of naming his firstborn son after him.

Howard related, "Since the young man's name was Carter, I suggested that perhaps he shouldn't..."

5. Call me stupid but I don't get it. :?

6. This topic was on Merrick and Rosso this morning. Apparently over 3000 people in China has named their children Olympic.

7. My science teacher in high school (yes I am reminiscing) used to coach a soccer side, there was a kid with a first name of F#ck in the team.
    He desperately wanted during a match to say "F#ck off".

But then he told his parents that it wasn't such a good name and they changed it to something more standard.

8. I assumed he was going to call the kid Knight.

(this requires some historical knowledge of job titles back in the days when people didn't have sewerage connections ..... try night soil carter or night carter for short)

9. I assumed Howard
    But what's the joke?
    Carter night?
    Carter howard?
    Howard Carter?
    Knight carter?

10. Howard Carter discovered Tutankhamen's tomb... and then was cursed and died and stuff!

11. The same curse is on you, Ktulu. Get your affairs in order.

12. Thanks Ktulu. :)

13. OK - you're stupid... :p :LOL:

A night carter was the guy who used to go around emptying the outside toilets in the days before sewerage...

Another piece of priceless Australian heritage gone down the toilet... :roll:

14. I know someone who went to school with a kid called Randy Cox. :roll:

15. There is a bloke at work, whos name is Randy Stork.

16. i had Benjamin Dover, Teresa Green and Barbara Dwyer, all in the same year at highschool.
    i went out with a girl called Autumn Field too :)

17. aV1cta10.

My favourite of all time is D!ck Trickle, and making a commentator say it numerous times during a race is gold!
    And hoping every time you watched that he would crash...

"...and that looks like......yes it is, D!ck Trickle has had an accident!"
    or
    "...there's been an incident high up on the wall with D!ck Trickle"

Just comedy GOLD :rofl:

18. lol. dont ask me why, but i got named Robin.
    my mum's name is Robyn.
    she didnt do it to name me after her, thats just what my folks decided on,
    ive got a twin called Owen. no odd connection with his name.
    but yeah.
    so i used to get people havin a got at me, thinkin im named after my mum.

its good for phone calls though, like from a company, not someone who knows us personally.

"hi, can i speak to Robin/Robyn?"
    "yeah, which one?"
    "uuuum...."

:grin:

19. oh, and my mate ( :? )who i met in unfortunate circumstances, that was part of the Far South Drug Squad snr sergeant Brian Cropper!
    yes, there was market gardening involved :( :LOL:

20. AAAAhhh Joel, we could tell, without you putting up your hand.