Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bad ass road registerable 250cc trail bike for $3k

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by 1750, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Howdy all - been out of the bike scene for a while and finally a mate has taken an interest so it's time to get another.
    Just wanted to get some thoughts from those who probably know sh!tloads more than I do.

Mate just picked up a 2 strok 95 KTM that is road registerable (has some pretty trick stuff on it too for a 95 ie upside down forks, brembo brakes etc).

This said I've got about $3k to get myself a second hand bike and of course want to make sure I've got a bit of spare power to burn him when I feel the need.

The bike will only be used only for trail riding but I need to be able to register it thanks to the cops in my area cracking down heavily on the trails.

what should I look at?
  2. You could probably get away with recreational registration, that'll save you a fair bit and as long as you stay off highways and main roads rec reg is perfectly legal (at least in Victoria... you haven't said where you are).

Can't really make a recommendation on a bike that'd burn the KTM sorry... my tastes run more towards recreational trail riding and things like XR Hondas.
  3. I'm located in NSW - never heard of recreational rego.....will make some inquiries, thanks for the tip.
  4. Personally i have always liked XR's but if you want something really quick, I would have a look at an RMX or maybe CRM.

Have heard they are pretty quick and are able to be road registered.