Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Backpack with slot for water bladder? headphones?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by moad, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a backpack with a slot for a camel pack or any water bladder for that matter. It needs to be pretty big so i can carry stuff to work and also some tools and other things for the weekend rides. Can anyone reccomend a brand or a specific bag?

also i bought some helmet earphones but they are way too quiet. Can anyone reccomend some better headphones or do people just use normal bud headphones?

I dont know if this fits in this forum as well but for people that have installed a gear indicator, do you find it beneficial? is it hard to install? accurate?

I think thats about it for now. thanks in advance

2. try kathmandu. although they are mainly for camping n adventure style retailers, they do have some nice bags which provide slots for the water bladders.
  3. I got one of these for xmas from my Dad.

In case the link doesnt work it is a OGIO "No Drag"

Seems like quite a nice backpack. It is hydration pack ready and has pockets for earphones to thread through and quite a lot of storage space.

I havent had a chance to ride with it on yet because I have glandular fever so I am out of action for a bit.

Also with the earphones a lot of people recommend some creative or sennihser(sp?) ear buds. Do a search.

Hope this helps you.

4. the best gear out there is camelbak. go check there gear out at any camping store.
  5. i just recently bought both these items. The backpack i bought from Rays Outdoors (frankston). Its about 35L, so pretty sizeable, is bright orange (bit of a safety thing), has a dedicated spot to hold a water pouch and clips for the 'straw' and, most importantly, has really good waist straps, so its takes the weight off your shoulders and puts it onto your hips. This for me is very important, as it makes riding long distances with it far more comfortable. I bought it at the boxing day sale, along with a 3L water pouch for ~$47. Camelbak are really nice, but generally designed only for holding water, so you wont fit much else in there.

I also recently bought a new pair of headphones. The only way to go is with in-ear ones. I originally had a pair of TDKs... not much chop. However, i just updated to a pair of panasonics that rrp for ~$50, and they are fantastic. Comfortable, good sound, have a carry pouch so you're not putting filth in your ears... Highly recomended. I've heard very good things about the sennheiser and shure ones too, but they're far more expensive, for probably minimal gain when you consider the amount of ambient noise on a bike.

goodluck, and i hope you find what you are after! :grin:
  6. I have one of the Ogio "Street" very cool looking bag, holds laptop, water bladder, MP3 Player with headphone hole etc.

I got it from www.jinx.com (as it has their logo) but you can probably get them from the ogio website.

really really well made bag