Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Backpack for hunchbacks

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by LineNoise, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Looking for a backpack that will hold a 17" laptop and sit over my Dainese Santa Monica jacket's hump without being ludicrously uncomfortable.

Any recommendations of stuff I should look at?

Also, waterproof would be a nice bonus but I'm happy to ziplock the laptop if the weather's looking a bit dubious.

2. kriega bags can be quiet big and are good quality. However they are also $$$.

3. i got a kriega backpack, they are top quality and made to last.
    over you hump?.. dunno, adjust the straps and let the backpack sit lower own your back, they have a fair bit of adjustability, if that's even a word, for length of the shoulder straps... should work.. i think... maybe... dunno really
    ,but yeah anyway +1 for kriega
    http://kriega.com.au/

4. Will check them out. I've been told the Axio's might be worth a look too but similarly, big bucks.

Happy to spend a bit of money though, the laptops worth a lot more than the backpack will be :p

5. #5 MONKEYMAN, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  6.  Top
  7. Hi Hi. My parter and I both have Black Wolf 'Tomahawk' laptop backpacks., IMO awesome. $65 plus free delivery = awesomeness. They have a little raincover that you pull out the bottom & it fits over the bag - even when very full. It can hold a LOT of stuff (work gear, runners + gym gear for after work + lunch) & holds my work laptop 15.4inch - High Sierra have a 17inch model witha rain cover but I can't speak on quality. Here is the link for the blackwolf http://www.bagworld.com.au/shop/detail/blackwolf-tomahawk-35-15.4-15.6--laptop-backpack-/

We love these backpacks because they have the tighteners/side compression straps that means we sit our backpacks on our ventura racks and wrap the straps around the bars, snap them in place and tighten - no strain on back when have all my shit in there :)

hope that helps you - or anyone else looking for a good backpack