Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Backordered parts

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by conan, Aug 5, 2007.

1. not shure if this is the right place to put this but oh well

yeah as most of you know i had an off on the 28th of june, got all the insurance stuff done, so now its been like over a month i have been off the road, when the bikeshop got the aproval to fix my bike they said that it would be about 2 weeks and the parts shoud be there, well its over 2 weeks and still no parts, dam f'n hyosung taking there sweet ass time.

all i want to do is ride, but no, am i going insane?

2. Man, you just ain't having any luck.

Still remember how to ride?

3. hahaha shut up you

4. When I droped my GT650R I had all parts except for a clutch lever and indicator the next day. It took 9 days to get the other 2 parts in. I paid for it out of my own pocket and repaired it myself. Sounds like someone is not telling you the full story.

5. well yeah i dont get it cause its the insurance job and they are geting paid to do it so yeah , who knows

6. 2 weeks? That's pretty good, IMO.

I was told 6 weeks (if I was lucky) to get parts in for my Aprilia. Told the guy at the shop to hold the order: ordered the parts online from the States instead. Took 4 days to my door and was literally half the price the shop quoted, for the exact same original Aprilia parts.

Unfortunately Australia is a small market, and many retailers/importers either don't care or want to try and screw you. I'm all for supporting local business, and prefer to deal with the bike shop rather than online retailers - but you've got to draw the line somewhere. And I'm pretty sure the line is well before double the price. :p :roll:

7. Well when they say about 2 weeks, allow a few extra days due to weekends. They will have shipped them here normal freight, not express, so the next issue arrises, now remember there was most likely a bulk order made with other goods, and it has to go through customs. So if it isnt priority freight it gets checked eventually. I was always sure ex japan was about 3 weeks from memory.. I am sure they wont be far away now.

8. been 3 weeks so far and still nothing, oh wells

9. Yep, it's so worth buying new eh? Warranties and parts availability make it so much better than an older bike! :LOL:

Regards, Andrew.