Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Back to the dark side

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by dirtydannyd123, Aug 17, 2007.

1. hey people, haven't been on a bike for a while and looking at jumping back on.
    The 4wheeler is fun, but missing that 2 wheel rush. Need another bike.

Looking at a Kwaka Z750, 2005 with about 4k on the clock. It's got a bit of damage from a slow fall. Any idea on repair costs?

The bloke want's $8k, but he's dreamin!!!

Exhaust, engine cover and a dent in the fuel tank.

Whattaya recon? Either way, I'm gettin back on 2 wheels!!! :grin:

2. You have taste.

I swear someone else was asking the same thing about the same bike..

Again, 6.5-7 grand.

Seems low, but good condition low kms ones with a pipe are 8 grand asking price, so would go maybe 7500-7750. So one with damage and no pipe would be 6.5-7.
  3. Yeah, that was probably Keith. Asked him to come and have a look with me as I haven't been on a bike in more than a year.

The main thing is the fuel tank and whether it needs a new one or that one can be banged back into shape. Engine cover...... ehhh, well I've seen one or 2 on ebay and thinking I can fit that myself. that leaves the pipe.

Everything else seems to be ok. Spoke to the guy and he recons it's just been sitting in the garage cause he had a kid and a friend had an accident so he 'lost the passion to ride'.

Will probably have a look at it on the weekend so need to get my head straight before then :grin:
  4. Too much money.. The 08 models are on there way soon. You may be able to pick yourself up a new 06/07 z750 for not much more that. :shock:
    Tell him hes dreaming..
  5. Well, talking to Ray Quincy today after his father reversed over my 2006 Z750 ( :cry: :evil: ), he was telling me that the tank is worth ~$2400 :shock:
  6. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    WOAH, thanks for the headsup!!
  7. Well, I made an offer so we'll see if he takes it. Otherwise, did REVS check and it's all clear.