Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Back to riding

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by QuanTom, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Hi,

My name is Thomas, and I have been living in Canberra for close to 10 years now. Back in France, 15 years ago, I use to ride a 1963 Moto Morini 125cc. Of course not a powerhouse, but it was quite an eye turner. When I arrived in Oz, decided to get my motorbike license and bought a GS500. Have to say it was a great 2nd learner bike. Unfortunately had to sell it when I met my wife (and anyway, could not find any baby seat for the bike :p).

A few weeks ago I manage to convince my wife that it was time for me to get a new set of wheels, and got myself my dream bike, a Monster 796, and I love it: more than enough power (to quickly loose your license), superb handling and all these little quirks (ahem character) that make you enjoy riding an Italian bike.

Now, WE only seem too distant, and I am considering joining a club and keep ogling at the ride section of this forum to share riding pleasure with fellow Canberrans.

2. Welcome, Tom. Get some good cold weather gear. And watch out for Canberra drivers.

3. Howdy and welcome back to riding! Have you posted some pics of your bike yet?

4. Welcome aboard Thomas and enjoy the forum :)

5. Hello Thomas, enjoy.

6. Welcome Thomas

You could consider joining Canberra Road Racing Club, mainly interested in road racing and riding, as opposed to the major dirt-riding emphasis of most of the other ACT motorcycle clubs