Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Back to Netrider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by jason_f, May 9, 2013.

1. Hi guys, thanks for having me here.

I sold my old bike a few years ago but now I'm looking at getting one again. Probably a Triumph of some sort, really depends on what I can get to fit into the shed!

Back when I had a bike I was on NR, my profile is probably still here but I can't figure out what it was. Either way, I'm happy to be back on NR.

Ride safe.

2. Cheers, welcome back.

3. Welcome back to NR, Jason!

4. welcome back :)
    Who were you when you were here last, and how long ago was it?

5. I recognise you. I'm pretty sure you were called boy.racer

You'll have to ask for a new password most likely.

Apologies if I have you mistaken.

6. Thanks guys. To be honest I can't remember my old email or username I ran by. I'm going to have to dig around a bit to figure it out. Boy this site has changed considerably since I was here last.

But some things don't change; the mocking banter, the occasional "flame suits" I see people putting on, and the kitsch emoticons.

It definitely wasn't boy racer Brmmm, it think it would have been something along the lines of Thruxton_something_or_other, or Ninja_something_or_other.

I'm thinking of picking up a W800 and it seems everyone here raves on about them. Is there anything (apart from the power output) that you don't like about it?

Also I just got myself an upgraded account. I always wanted one before but I was a poor student then. Not the case anymore!

7. I'm thinking of picking up a W800 and it seems everyone here raves on about them. Is there anything (apart from the power output) that you don't like about it?

G'day Jason, I'm thinking of getting a W800 as well (Dad's got a Triumph so trying to be a bit different) but the only thing holding me back is after market parts.

Don't want to do much but still I like tinkering with my bikes & there doesn't seem to be much out there!

Not meaning to take over thread, just putting it out there if you of anybody else has any ideas on this fine looking machine.

Cheers,
    WillyB

8. welcome back, no matter what you choose, you'll be smiling I'm sure :)

9. Hello WillyB, look to japan, the W650 and now the W800 scene is huge, plenty of parts and suppliers.
    Germany also have a few suppliers that ship here.
    have a look at this - should give you some inspiration.
    http://www.bikeexif.com/?s=W650

10. Welcome back, the W800 goes very nicely with a Staintune system, gives it a few more ponies!

11. I sat on the W800 at the bike show, today, very appealing!

12. Yeah the W800 is the Triumph you want for sure. I think I'd enjoy one of those for quietly cruising the backroads.

13. Now I'm caught between two choices: Kawasaki w800 or Yamaha Bolt! Both appealing but may go for the second choice coz I need SPEED!