Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Back riding now the kids are older

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Michael Onn, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Hi, names Michael. My wife Diane (new licence) and I have renewed our love of motorcycling after an abstinence of approximately 20 years. Diane has held a licence for nearly 12 months and rides a Yamaha xv250 that she loves and I have a Yamaha xvs650.
    We look forward to some interesting reads and informative tips and will obviously regale y'all with tales of our adventures as time goes by.
    Michael Onn

• Like Like x 2
  2. welcome aboard :]
  3. welcome to Netrider and life back on two wheels Michael!
  4. Howdy & Welcome to NR!
  5. Welcome to nr
  6. Nice one.......welcome to a very friendly community of like minded individuals.

I too waited until my kids grew up.........once the youngest reached 2 I was all over riding. :)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. I don't understand the kids growing up and THEN getting the bike concept...

My kids are still growing up, I'm growing up with them (Just age, not maturity) and I've got the bike as well. :D
  8. For me I always wanted to ride, but just never did. My brother BMWRXBMWRX got his license and my eldest (5 year old boy) suddenly thought my brother was cooler than I.

Can't have that shit, so got a bike.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. We had a Kawasaki VN800 before the kids came along and went on many great rides, always together... After the kids came along i just felt selfish riding on my own and leaving Di with the kids. Bikes are something we enjoyed together and now that we can "play" together again, it's great!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Can't have your Bro showing you up. I'm lucky, my Big Bro's wife wont "let" him have a bike hahahaha
  11. hahaha, yeah as long as they can open a cupboard and get a packet of biscuits they'll be fine :]
  12. That looks like a Yamaha XS 650 of some vintage in your avatar, Michael....
  13. It's a 1973 CB350/4 photo was taken in my 17th year by my Mum (1977).
    My next bike, funnily enough, was an XS2 650 :)
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Yeahh..looks like 1977.

Long hair and bell bottom trousers. Both of which you may not have ATM. :D