Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Back Pad in Riding Jacket

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by ricomac, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Do you guys leave this in or out. I have heard to take it out as it makes no difference, just maks you get too hot.

Do these pads help at all if the worst happens or is it best to dump them for comfort?

2. I have taken the stock pads out of all my jackets, but then again I wear a full back protector at all times anyway. Yes it does get hot but I live with it for the sense of security it gives me.
  3. You wear the back protector at all times.........for short journeys too or just rides and commutes?
  4. I wear mine all the time, even for short journeys.
    As they say it's often the quick dash to the shop that's dangerous.

5. i took out the foam protector and put in a dainese back protector (turtleback thing). i commute everyday and did a round trip to canberra on xmas eve/xmas day - i don't find it hot at all.
  6. I use my hardshell back protector on every ride.

If there was foam padding in my jacket, I probably would have taken it out, and just used the hardshell, but I didn't have that problem.. :wink:

If you're not using a hardshell, leave the foam padding in there. Something is better than nothing, and it's not as if it's not flexible enough to be really uncomfortable.