Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Back on two wheels

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Poppy, Oct 19, 2007.

1. It's twenty-five years since the last bike (XL250) and I picked up my new KLE500 on Wednesday. :LOL:

I got sick of sitting in traffic for 35km each way each day. Hopefully this will mean quicker and more enjoyable commuting.

I found the site last week doing some research on the KLE. So far everything I read has checked out. Very pleased with the bike, it seems like the only people who have anything bad to say have not ridden one.
  2. Congrats! :D

Welcome back to riding!
  3. I owned a 1996 KLE about 18 months ago and found it a pleasure to ride, nice comfy riding position and light on the fuel bill. Heres a pic

I had a look at the new ones before I bought my GT650R, found them a little bit smaller than the older ones but alot better equipt. Happy riding poppy.
  4. Welcome aboard. :beer:
    Like you, I also took a 25 year break. Went from riding dirt bikes at 15 years old, never sat on another bike at 21, to road now at 46 years of age. To think I have wasted 25 damn years doing this :driver: , when I could have been doing this :biker:

Welcome Back to 2 wheels :dance:
  5. Welcome back to the club of secret head nods. :grin:
  6. Welcome to NR.. :grin: