Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Back on the Bike

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Jace, Feb 13, 2006.

1. I finally finished putting my bike back together this afternoon. I took her down to the servo filled her up checked the tyres and off I went. From my place in Carnegie up the mountain highway to Olinda. :twisted:

OMG the smile, my jaw is still sore. I haven't ridden a real bike (the wife's scooter doesn't count) since my accident in October. I was as rusty as a leyland P76. I'm mentally scared after my off.

riding like a girl and the such. I'd even forgotten to lane split in stopped traffic. It wasn't until a bloke split past me that I remebered "oh yeah better split while I still can!" :cool:

Now I know why I was feeling depressed. One ride and... Alive Alive I feel alive! :grin:

2. Welcome back to the fold Jace, take it easy to begin with until she feels like home again.

Also, if riding like a girl means you're riding like BanditR1 already then my hat's off. :grin:

3. Had the same feeling when I got back on a couple of weeks ago after over a year recovering from a crash , don't worry too much it'll all come back pretty quickly.

4. After my first off it took almost a year to get rid of the "is he going to pull out on me" thoughts everytime a car approached from a side street.

It takes time, you do get over it though.

5. I still get that feeling even when I'm in a car . :(

6. Welcome back Jace.

Now there's no reason for you not to ride to SBK :) See you there.