Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Back on the Bike

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Introuble, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Hi all,
    Have ridden for about 20yrs, most of that time to and from work on a daily basis. My last two bikes were a GSX1400 then the Rocket 3 Roadster. Had the Rocket worked to within an inch of it's life and was an absolute beast. Then we built our house, the first son was born and I decided I could use the money and didn't mind a break with the little one around.

Fast forward 7 years and I take him to the recent Barry Sheene Festival of Speed at Eastern Creek. We both enjoyed the day. Long story short, and because of the visit to the FOS, I have purchased a cbr125 to take part in the bucket racing series. Should be fun. Can't do much about my height, but a few kilos have to come off so this thing can move!

So, much to the disapproval of the mrs, I am back into bikes, looking forward to my first ever time on a track and being involved in racing. Furthermore, I am daydreaming about my future 2017 Suzuki GXS1000 purchase. It's good to be back.

btw, until the last couple of weeks I haven't bought any gear for about 10yrs. The prices seem to be much the same from memory.

Love the site. Hope to meet a few you in the future.

2. welcome aboard :)
  3. Welcome mate :cool:, welcome back to the fold :)