Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Back on the Bike, 'cautiously'

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by HotelWhisky, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Hey guys.

I have been around since December, but have been out of the game for a few months.

Turns out that I broke my wrist playing footy before I bought my bike (even before I went for my L's) but didn't know as I was in such little pain. After following up on what I thought was a persistent sprain, I realised it was broken and have been in a cast letting it heal since January.

I have been told I can now get back on here bike provided I exercise 'caution' and take it easy. Unfortunately I seem to have lost much of the confidence and skill I had picked up on the bike in the 6 weeks I was riding. So I am basically starting over and I thought it warranted another introduction.

So here I am starting again!

Cheers,

• Like Like x 1
  2. Good on you for not giving up, welcome back

3. Football. Almost as dangerous as gardening.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Ah yes, football is such a genteel pastime! Welcome back.

5. Welcome back.. at least you didn't do a hammy like all the other players these days.. :p

6. You might think you're starting from scratch, but the things you learned previously are still in there. You'll be surprised how quickly it all comes back.

Just go easy on the wrist, to avoid another forced hiatus.

7. welcome back aboard :]

8. #8 Lazy Libran, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
    Welcome to NR... And back on 2 wheels.

Easy on the wrist and you'll be ok.. One of the reasons, I don't play sport or exercise..these things can be a bit dangerous. ;)

All the best..