Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Back on the bike after a 5 years break

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by mickeyd, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Hi all,

I was a member of NR, OSB and others from 2004 to 2010 then had my longest break off bikes after one of a riding group was pronounced dead at the scene along the topside of Somerset Dam.

Have bought myself an old VFR750 more as a commuter than anything else but eager to take out for a spin this Sunday if there's a ride on.

2. Welcome back mate, ease yourself back into it!
  3. Welcome back Mickey, as Chilli said ease your way back in to it. A distressing incident to finish the previous chapter of your riding on, accidents like that remind us of our own vulnerability.

The VFR750 was a marque, always had a great love for them and the V engine configuration in general. Enjoy your return to riding and remembering all those old fun roads, and of course the ones that have been sealed and finished in your riding absence.
  4. Welcome back, and on a great bike!!!
  5. Welcome back to motorcycling, and great choice of ride. Always liked the old VFR's.
  6. Welcome back...
  7. welcome back :]