Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Back on a bike after 25yrs

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Indian, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Hi Everyone, On reaching the big 50th birthday and really not enjoying my life beside work and family life looking after and raising 3 wonderful Kids who are 25, 24 & 19.
    Its all done and now its My time back again So in June this year i went and got my Learner permit and straight off to the dealer and picked up my 2015 Yamaha Vstar XVS 650A Classic. Enjoyed riding it for 3 months and thought the L plate has to go and Just got Off the L.
    Completed the first 1000K and had the bike service and I think i am ready to make some great friends along the way.
    So till then LET's RIDE SAFE

• Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome back to riding and welcome to NR...

Didn't you have a licence back then?

Good choice in the bike? They are awesome machines.. I just traded mine after 4.5 years... Did about 41K kms on it.
  3. Hello and welcome to the forums and life on two wheels IndianIndian :) What an excellent way to celebrate a personal milestone! Nice choice of bike too. Congrats on getting rid off your L's. Have fun and ride safe, might see you on the road
  4. Thanks for the viewing of my first post.
    I had ridden overseas (Bombay) and did not bother to change my Licence, never thought i get back on the bike.
    Yes its a good bike, handles well.
  5. Thank you
  6. You've ridden in Bombay and they STILL made you do a test? ;)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Same as me...when I moved here, I didn't convert my license as well but after 13 years or so, I finally caved in and did it.

8. welcome aboard :]
  9. Thanks
  10. Welcome to Netrider :)
  11. Welcome to nr, nice bike, enjoy, safe riding, get to Saturday morning practice sessions meet people, talk crap, like minded folk.
    • Agree Agree x 1