Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Back into it in WA

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Lupine, May 28, 2016.

1. Just thought I'd say Hi to you all and introduce myself.
    After a VERY (25 years) long absence from larger bikes and having been engaged in a lifelong passionate affair with classic Italian scooters I decided late in 2015 to sell my beloved little Vespa 150 and with the proceeds, get myself something with a tad more power and that is a little more usable for my 55km journey to the RAAF base for work.
    I started looking mainly at cruisers, 900 Vulcans and 800 Boulevards... One of my Bike ridiing colleagues started sending me ads from Gumtree and Bikesales for Z1000's, GSX 1400's.. then Speed Triples, VFR's, VTR's and then we stumbled upon a beautiful black 1200 Bandit.. I only had $4k to play with so I needed to act fast and be cheeky and knock him down on price.. Needless to say after a VERY long day organising a visit to mandurah to view, then a repeat visit to pick it up the same day I very carefully and very happily rode home to Yanchep through pouring rain, the proud owner of a lovely 2005 Bandit 1200s. Learning from the friend that followed me in the car that I need to get out of riding in the gutter.. a terrible habit formed from years of riding underpowered Vespas and Lambrettas, sticking to the left to stay out of everyones way!.
    After an oil/filter change and a good polish i have gradually and very carefully introduced myself to the amazing (115bhp) amounts of power that I now have available from this stage 2 Holeshot tuned beast. I am treating it with a HUGE amount of respect and quite a large portion of fear.
    I am learning to ride all over again and absolutely loving it (and I'm staying out of the gutter).
    Hopefully I can meet other easy going people on here that are up for leisurely weeknd jaunts up away from the metro and into the rural.

• Like Like x 4
  2. #2 Lupine, May 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2016
  3. welcome aboard :)
  4. gday LupineLupine welcome to NR - she's a great looking Bandit, well done!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome to NR...
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome LupineLupine
    Wow what a jump from a Vespa to a beast of a bike!
    You'll have a ball getting to know your new beast.
    Have fun bonding! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome :cool:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Your not kidding!!! It has an amazing ability of forcing my face into an insane grin. Only had a couple of proper rides with it yet, I'm a fair weather biker nowadays but each trip I'm getting more and more confident and aware of it and my capabilities. Just wish the winter rain would choose the weekdays rather than the weekends to shower us here in Perth.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. welcome to the forum mate
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Welcome to NR. It was an awesome day for a ride in Geraldton. Did you get out in the Perth hills?
  11. LupineLupine nice effort mate, Vespa to a 1200...........nice, certainly looks great. Welcome to the forum!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Welcome to NR from Adelaide and enjoy your new ride.
  13. Looks neat mate. Welcome aboard :)