Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Back in the saddle

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Loz, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Well, the bike's not fixed yet after my run-in with a bus on the GOR - but it looks like I took most of the fall for it, because the damage is mainly cosmetic and I'm back out and about on it while I wait for the insurance company to pony up for new shiny bits to the tune of $3600. I'm also pretty much rear brakeless 'cause the lever's twisted up and out of reach, but that's ok - I always used it too much anyway and this is forcing me to rely more on the front brake.

I'm as happy as a dog with two tails to be back on the road again; the confidence came back after 2 quick rides and for some reason when I lane-split up beside the side of a bus this morning, all that big white panelling looked soft and cushy instead of terrifying as I was expecting. Weird eh?

I can't wait to get out on a ride with you guys soon.
  2. You lucky son of a gun :) Good to hear your out again, and that any residual fear disappeared quickly. Still a couple weeks yet before I throw my leg over a bike :(
  3. Sigh.... sweet anticipation... Healing up well?