Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Back In The Saddle

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by 64young, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Hi, some may remember me? I have done a few rides with some on here, one being the "chocolate run" to Daylesford, when on my "Ls". Had lots of great advise, thank you. Saturday morning practise as well. They were a couple of years ago, 2011, 2012.
    January 2013 had a small hicup dropping the bike & doing more injury to an already dickie shoulder, finally had it operated on in July, physio, gym work & it's back to about 80%, as good as it's going to get. Been patiently waiting to see if I could purchase another bike once I felt the shoulder would be strong enough to handle it. The purple Kawasaki ZZR 250 arrived Sunday, in awesome condition for it's age & only 30,000 on the clock. Nervous as hell as I hadn't been on a bike for 18 mths, let alone ride one, faced the fear on Monday then Tuesday & rode to Murchinson , beautiful weather & thankfully,

ALL the expert advice I'd been given over 15,000 klms while being pillion on the back of the well known

"blackbird" with the "high risers" came back to me.

Many lessons learnt as well when riding my own behind the "bird"
    Forever gratefull for the time & patience, as now I'm back on the road.
    Cheers Heather

2. Welcome back to the bike.
  3. Hello Heather, Welcome back, hope you enjoy the ZZR250.
  4. Thanks, I'm soooo looking forward to it, I was amazed how it all came back so quickly & the bike was so easy to handle. H
  5. Welcome back...