Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Back in the saddle!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by DarrylD, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Hi all,

What a great forum which really helped me out when choosing a new bike a couple of months back.

I hadn't been on a bike for nearly 25 years as family and finances took priority. Kids have now grown up and moved out so I bought a nice new 2013 Honda VT750S this October. It's a sedate bike with a nice retro look and feel, and it doesn't cramp my shredded knees. I have 1600 kms up on it now and use it to get to work plus short blasts when I can get away and it's not pouring on the weekends (lot of that lately)

Also have a 1986 Yamaha RZ350FS which I've owned since new and was the last bike I road.
    It is now a restoration project after I garaged it in 1989 following my 3rd decent get-off. I was a ten-tenths adrenalin junkie (ie, idiot) back then but I couldn't kill that sweet stroker. It's looking like a tough job to get it back on the road but it was such a good bike that I have to give it a go.

Anyway, I hope to contribute where I can, maybe get on some group rides, and I'll continue to mine the incredible amount of info and experience on these pages.

[​IMG]

2. Welcome to NR , Darryl !

3. Welcome, very nice bike!

4. not as nice as mine though is it?

5. Hello and welcome, I started off on one of the those Shadow things too, didn't keep it long though, the VT400 was a bit underdone on the highway.

6. Lol I didn't even see this! No, yours is the prettiest red one :p

• Like Like x 1
  7. thanks for the welcome, guys, and presumably girl (Angie) although one never knows these days :confused:

pwbike, I get what you mean with the 400 - it would be way underpowered as my 750 is no rocket and has a lot more grunt than horses. The difference with this bike compared to the Shadows is that this isn't a cruiser, it's more a 'standard' or roadster. Awesome ergonomics with mid-set pegs and decent seat height at around 750mm. This model has been on the market unchanged since 2010 but I still might put up a review on here as there really isn't much local feedback and Honda are issuing it again in 2014.

As for Uncle Greg and Angie, I obviously don't get the reference but it does look like getting a room is in order ;)

8. Definitely all-original female! And haha, no comment.

9. Oh , puurleease , do tell :D:D

10. Lol! Wasn't that enough? :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. I should have looked closer at your bike and the female symbol under your user name - a bit of a giveaway really :)

12. Hehe just a bit :)

13. Make me!! :)

14. Welcome to Netrider Darryl.
    Welcome back to fun on 2 wheels

15. Angies HOT and can cook