Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Back in the Saddle in Bris-Vegas

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by prosmart, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Greetings Earthlings

Thought it was about time I converted from a lurker.

61 years of age (that can't be friggin' right! can it?). Software developer. Originally from Liverpool in the UK. Lived in Brisbane first for some years, then Perth, then Sydney and now back in Bris again for the last 18 months.

Been riding since I was 16 (you do the maths) on a wide variety of mainly old school metal. Started with BSA Bantams and James and went through the Japanese explosion in the UK. Ended up there with a T150V Trident, an 860GT Ducati and finally a BSA A10 with a double adult Watsonian chair.

Had a long string of bikes here in Oz with the last one (ER5) around 4 years ago. Had a couple of bad experiences at the hands of car drivers with no white canes and have had a break from bikes since then. Decided finally not to be such a chicken-shit and I'm ready to get back in the saddle now - starting to look at Wee-Stroms with a view to buying in the next month or so and then getting back to camping and rallying.

Pleased to meet you all.

• Like Like x 2
  2. G'day NigelNigel, welcome to Netrider. The DL650 really is a versatile bike - not pretty in my opinion - but it a do-it-all kind of motorcycle that I'm considering next.
  3. Thanks for the welcome.

Not pretty but will have a go at most things - just about sums it up for me and the Strom.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. G'day prosmartprosmart, can't go wrong with Suzuki, and all I can say is damn we got old quick
  5. Welcome to NR..