Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Back in the saddle....g'day all

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by BeemerBiker, May 29, 2015.

1. So I've had my mid life crisis and lashed out and bought a toy. After quite some years of no bikes I've ended up with a BMW R1200RT. Interested in hearing other peoples experiences and maybe getting involved in charity rides and the like.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome BeemerBikerBeemerBiker. Nice ride.
    A few beemer guys and gals on NR.
    Where abouts in Sydernee are you?

3. G'day BeemerBiker, welcome to NR. How do you like the R1200RT? I'm shortlisting the R1200R as one option for my next bike.

4. welcome

5. Welcome to NR

6. welcome aboard :]

7. Welcome from a fellow Bavarian pilot.

Let's swap for a few km. You ride my new K 16GT and I'll ride your RT?

8. Welcome, lots of Bavarian bike riders on Netrider!!

9. Hawkesbury area.

10. Come play on the Putty with us tomorrow... BeemerBikerBeemerBiker !

11. It's the first big road bike I've owned. Over the years I've taken bikes like a K100RS, GSX-R for rides but not owned. The K100 was the bike that left the biggest impression on me so when I started to look for something the R1200RT went to the top of the list quickly. From my perspective the bike can be bipolar, if you want to ride it hard it'll respond but if you want to dawdle along it can cope with that too. The brakes are great and according to all accounts the motor is bullet proof. Only just got it so I've got a long way to go.

• Like Like x 2
  12. gotta work sorry. Thanks for the invite...

13. Thanks very much for your response, BeemerBiker. This describes the sort of motorcycle I'm looking to upgrade to next year.