Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Back from the darkness

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by treads, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Hi everyone,

I just got back into riding after a 6 year hiatus, and I've gone from sports bikes to an adventure bike!

I picked up a 2009 Kawasaki KLR650 a few weeks back and rode it home from Sydney.

The KLR is very comfy to ride long distance and she came with some extras when I bought her.

The touring screen and aftermarket seat certainly improve the comfort levels, whilst the bash plate and barkbusters will help offroad.

I've purchased a set of SW Motech crash bars, Happy Trails Pannier racks, Nelson Rigg Adventure Dry Saddlebags and a Wolfman Expedition LiteTank Bag. I'll post a new photo once all that lot is installed.

Looking forward to increasing my dirt riding skills and hopefully doing some trips with other like-minded riders.
  2. Welcome to the forum and welcome back to riding!
  3. Welcome back, enjoy the new wheels!
  4. Welcome back, at least you didn't leave it twenty years to do it!
    And welcome to Netrider.
  5. It's like Hotel California - you can check out anytime you like, but you can't ever leave.

Welcome back to the disease, and welcome to NR.
  6. Welcome to the forum, i'm back from a long break too, good luck with your new ride.(y)
  7. welcome aboard :]
  8. Hi & welcome:)
    Good choice of bike to get into the adventure bike scene.

Where are you located? As we might be able to direct you towards other ADVriders in your area.
  9. Up in the Snowy Mountains, between Tumba and Corryong :finger:
  10. Have to catch up for a ride!
    That's my regular ride route.
    I live down in Wagga, but do most my riding up in the Tumbarumba area.
    Im off to Karuah River Rally, just north of Dungog next week, mix of tar & dirt to get there and back. Then at the start of May Im of to Flinders Ranges (SA) for the Flinders Classic, a mecca for adventure riders.
    I on a DR650, with a heap of extra mods to make it a better big distance tourer. As I work shift work, I do a bit of mid-week riding to avoid the crowds.
  11. Welcome to NR...