Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Baby Bandit owners - Some info please

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by mick_n_sal, May 24, 2009.

1. Hi Folks,

A quick query for owners of Suzuki GSF250V. What is in the factory toolkit?

Mine is missing so I'm curious.

M+S

2. I have the ZZR-250 factory toolkit, and the only things of any real value are a spark plug socket about 12cm high, a rear axle nut spanner (with the working end hex shaped and enclosed) with an extension handle, and four allen keys used for the fairings.

They also threw in some rather ordinary spanners, a screwdriver, and pliers, which I prefer to substitute with my own.

3. Oops, should have been more specific.
    Due to the fact that work has me going to Brissie for one week/month, the bandit is there with family. I am in Cairns ( 1800km away ) I was interested in sizes of spanners, allen keys etc to assemble a kit for it.

M+S

4. 1800 km between Brisbane and Cairns? Wow! Sometimes I forget how small Victoria is.

From memory, my bike requires 8mm, 10mm and 12mm sockets for assorted bolts on the frame and engine, 12mm and 14mm spanners for the locknuts on the rear swingarm, 17mm socket for the oil filter and drain plug bolts, 22mm spanner for the front axle (which I never touch) and 24mm spanner for the rear axle. Plus a 8mm allen key for the brake callipers and 5/8" spark plug socket. Needless to say your bike may differ. :p