Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Babies in car with high-range drink driver

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by evelknievel75, Dec 7, 2009.

1. http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/12/07/2764028.htm

wtf is wrong with people? particularly a father with his two daughters in the car....??

"Police have revealed a Sydney man charged with high-range drink-driving had two baby girls with him at the time.

The 35-year-old man was allegedly more than five times over the blood alcohol limit, when he came to the attention of officers on Saturday night at Grose Wold in Sydney's outer north west.

They discovered there were two children in the car, an eight-week-old baby girl and her 12-month-old sister.

The father was charged with high range drink-driving and will face court next month. "

2. Words fail me.....and we're sharing the road with morons like this.
  3. …and he'll get off lighter than speeders do.
  4. wont someone please think of the childeren
  5. Yep, but the kids will be taken of him till they investigate.

6. That's a reward as far as I'm concerned.
  7. This is the guy that's (metaphoricly) doing 140 in the 40 zone, but I think the DUI shit is getting just as out of hand as the speeding. Front page of the Brisbane sunday's paper was the Wall of Shame following a DUI blitz in the city. 90% of the "wall of shame" (which presumably were the worst offenders) were under 0.06. One guy was 0.051. Now be damned if anyone could prove a statistically significant safety difference between a 0.05 driver and 0.051 driver. Over the limit, sure, cop it sweet. But this shit where everyone has been brainwashed into the whole black and white safety campaigns is starting to give me the irrits. Sorry, rant over.
  8. The article doesn't tell us whether the kids were just as drunk as their dad... or whether he'd taken some amphetamines to balance out the booze for safety's sake.

Shouldn't be so judgemental until we have all the facts, ya know.