Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

B service question?...

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' at netrider.net.au started by Lilbec383, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Hey guys, been a while. Long story, involving a driver who put his DIY project in front of my personal safety, and one poor Scorpio that won't be getting fixed... Anyway as a result of said gentleman's negligence on the road, when I finally see money from my solicitor, I'm looking at purchasing a late 90s model Ducati Monster, of about the 750cc variety, that I've had my eye on. Good mate of mine suggested I should look into pricing on the B service, as I hear for this particular breed of bike they aren't cheap, or necessarily easy to do oneself.

Understand this isn't really a 'home job' question, but I thought it might be the best place to start asking. Moderators, feel free to move the thread to a more appropriate place if need be!! :)

2. A friend of mine owns an ST2, which had its 20k service (I assume this is the B service you mean) which included new timing belts. From memory this cost him in the vicinity of $1200.
    As much as I love the monster, that sort of cost would entice me to learn how to home service, or to buy something else.