Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

B+D Controll-a-door 4

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by the mole, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Does anybody know anything about these things? I've just replaced the main bearings and rebuilt the gearbox, now it only travels a few centimeters then reverses. I've tried adjusting the limit stops and the load adjustment, no dice.

Is this question bike related....yes, my bike is in the garage!
  2. Google Trouble shooting B&D roller doors u'll find sumthin there
  3. set the motor to free and open by hand?
  4. +1

I remember the day I found out I had lost the key to the back door of the garage... during a power cut. No way in!
  5. They say sh*t comes in threes...
    The door opener had stripped its main gear (nylon), so I spent $110 on a kit, fitted 2 new gears, bearings etc. Put it back together, fckin thing would close 100mm then rewind. Rang the helpful door installer who sold me the kit, he said it would be dust from the stripped gear all over the electronic rpm sensor. Pulled it all apart again, cleaned the dust off, sure enough all good. Tidy up, put the tools away, go to shut the door...nothing. Dead as a doornail, no action, no light, nada. Rip it apart again, check connections etc etc, all looks good. Finally check the power point in the ceiling, its dead! Power to the back of it, but nothing at the terminals..WTF!!! Fit new power point, problem solved. Day off totally wasted, I'll have to wait till Sunday for a decent ride!

Reminds me of a Ducati I owned......