Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Awesome art

Discussion in 'Non-Bikes' started by Roarin, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Well, I thought so anyway. Was out for lunch with my lovely wife, and spotted these as we walked into the chosen establishment.

I'll link to a couple of larger copies so that you may gaze in awe and wonderment at the amount of detail that went into them. The more you look, the more you see. It fascinates me as to how it all flows and links together from one part to the next.

2. That's pretty sick!
  3. My wife tells me that the first sculpture is of the 8 Immortals in Chinese Mythology. See if you can find all 8. t's not that hard :)
  4. freaking awesome!
  5. Impressive. Thanks. Forwarding those to the wife. She's right into that stuff.
  6. She also tells me that the second one is the symbol for the New Years Eve dinner custom/tradition of Annual and superabundant. From what I can gather the fish is a symbol of wealth or riches, continuing good luck and accumulation of wealth in the coming year.
    Some of this stuff doesn't translate too well. Not with my extremely limited understanding of the Chinese language anyway :) Ha ha ha. I just thought they looked cool.
  7. wow very nice. ill have to show my opa (grandpa) he loves woodwork and craftsmanship!
  8. very clever... I bet their an absolute c*nt to try and tie down in the back of a ute.!
  9. Awesome! Those have got very intricate designs...
  10. I saw them being made in Vietnam. Done by one person, takes many months and costs up to $10k...Pretty amazing though