Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Awareness Ride - Bikeless Attendee's

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by brownyy, Jun 29, 2010.

1. All;

If you would like to attend the awareness ride and currently do not have a working bike, please list your name here and we'll attempt to match those people up with riders to be pillions.

From the pillion seat you can film, take photos or hand out flyers etc.

List your details;

my_name - free pillion seat

-or-

my_name - bikeless / would like to go pillion

Cheers

2. Michael - Working a still camera and Video Camera - Bikeless (with kids so i'll be on the footpath somewhere).

3. John: R1200RT, spare pillion. Ideally for a photographer/videographer, I've done plenty of such work (Ride for the Hills was the last phot ride for me).

4. hang on a sec -- is it legal for a pillion to be filming ?

what i am asking is are there any laws that state a pillion must at all times have hold of grab handles on the bike or be holding on to the rider in control of the bike with both hands etc

Speaking of filming -- dont forget all those people that bought the little in helmet cameras from the $50 helmet cam thread -- these things can be put to real good use now

5. Maybe the query should be "is it illegal for a pillion to be filming".

Answer: no.