Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Avon Tyres??

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by lordtb, Feb 11, 2006.

1. I have picked up a broshure for AVON tyres from my local motorbike store... the sales dude tells me they are better than Michelin and Dunlop.. but are more expensive...

does any one have any expiriance with these AVON tyres??

2. Do they sell door to door, and do party plans?
    "Avon calling" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  3. I had an Avon on the back of the Hornet when I bought it at 52,000 kms and I replaced it at 57,400, so I got around 5,000kms out of it, but I have no idea how much it had done before.

Now back in the 70s, the Avon RoadRunner was THE tyre to have (but who cares now :grin: ?)
  4. BIKE magazine used one on there GSXR project bike when they firxt got it and they LOVED it. They said it was SUPER Sticky and had excellent feel, albeit expensive!
  5. :WStupid: The brit mags are a big rap for them, they're only just sarting out here - like the Continentals.
  6. DING DING ,avon callling .
    Hello sir ,can i interest you in some of our products please see the link below.
    You will also get some free lipsticks for your lovely wife. :LOL:

7. So, (been DYING for a chance to use this one)

Q. What's black and blue and goes "Ding Dong" ??

A. A bashed-up Avon lady :LOL:
  8. LOL.. good one :LOL: :LOL:
  9. OMG i want some... the bling factor :LOL: :LOL:
  10. avons are used on top shelf cars like rolls royces and bentlys
    apparently goos stuff, not sure if the same for bikes though
  11. www.avonmotorcycle.com

They have a very respected name in Europe and the US for bike tyres. Pro Accessories distribute them here in AUS, and they are just starting to ramp them up after clearing up some (apparently) predatory actions on dealers by the more established manufacturers.