Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Avoid Alzheimers

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by V2, Jul 8, 2013.

1. #1 V2, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
    Thought this was interesting.

I think riding a bike also relieves stress, gastro intestinal discomfort and in rare cases, cancer.

sorry - I gave up on the spelling of alzheimers in the title, meant to fix before I hit Post. Maybe bike riding aint lowing my onset of alzheimers!
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Fixed the heading for you ;)
  3. Good to hear, next time I cant find my keys, which is pretty much every day, I'll know it's the bloody keys fault and i'm a lumberjack and I'm ok.
  4. Or leaving the keys in the ignition or on top of the seat!
  5. #5 Ljiljan, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
    I believe it was robsalvv posted this a year or two ago. Good to reread though.

6. I love this bit.

The study found that not only did the participants’ brains get a daily workout, but their memory improved, their spatial reasoning was boosted and the participants claimed their stress levels decreased. No word on how their sexual behaviour changed.

My stress levels decrease as well.
  7. C.R.A.F.T. Disease
    Can't Remember A fcuking Thing
  8. But on the positive side you get to me new people everyday
  9. Without leaving the house....... goodnight if I can find my bed i'm in it.
  10. Don't forget that you never get sick of your wardrobe, and the best bit is:-

you can hide your own Easter eggs!
    • Like Like x 2
  11. slightly at odds with the fact they have linked Alzheimer with concussive head injuries.
  12. I've heard that jeking off is a revelation.
  13. That dog has a fluffy tail
  14. They have to be of a certain age before they understand, and appreciate, the grim humour.
  15. All jokes aside that is one horrible, lonely, debilitating disease. I'd much, much rather die quickly blasting up a mountain.
    • Agree Agree x 1