Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

AVI to WMV

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by 2wheelsagain, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Does anyone know of a "free" program that will convert AVI's to WMV at 128k 640 X 480?
    This is an option that MS Moviemaker doesn't offer, but its how AVI's come straight out of my camera (FinePix) Any other conversion ratio leaves compression and other junk visible.

What does everyone else use?

I'm after a free program as I have a wife and kids and cars and a motorcycle to support! Maybe I can ditch the first 3..... :p :shock: :)

2. I personally don't know of any, but if/when you do find me, let me know and I'm sure to able to find a copy on newsgroups somewhere for you.

3. Thanks. Will do. I also use Limewire/Frostwire so finding something should be ok.

Just wondering if anyone else has any idea of whats around.

I'll swing over to Whirlpool and pose the Q there.

4. you could try ffmpeg, just a question but why do you want to convert to WMV???

5. Joining, editing and posting to photobucket etc.
    Sounds like you have an idea :?:

6. Yeah I've never understood the concept behind wmv, a file format that only 1 player can actually understand. and there's no way of scrubbing through the movie. how much fun is that for editing?

use mpeg it usually works on any kind of player, and I believe a simple program like Quicktime Pro would convert those files. you can download the legit version for less than $50. :)