Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Ljiljan, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Really quite good. I haven't watched all the marvel movies but it's one of the better ones. Still follows the standard plotline of marvel movies - early battle, some character development, middle fight, regroup, long end fight - but doesn't make it cliche and tired. To make it better would have been easy though - getting rid of the nasty glasses. I found they only hindered the movie.

Time for bed now.

2. Yeah, I'm sick of that 3-D bullcrap.
  3. This was my first ever 3D movie, and it's safe to say it'll be my last!

I as really looking foreward tp this movie, but I was getting headaches, constantly tearing up and generally not being able to relax. As said, it was a fairly standard Marvel fair, but still Enjoyable: by far, the BEST Hulk ever portrayed on Screen, imho!
  4. Does spiderman show up at the end and save everybody?
  5. is there a 2D option at the cinema?
  6. #6 hornet, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  7. In queensland apparently
  8. Just saw it in 2D at the local cinema.
    As for the movie itself, speaking as a bit of a nerd...
    Hol-E shit, that was f**king awesome :D
  9. Let's do a headcount: Your brother, the demigod; a super-soldier, a living legend who actually lives up to the legend; a man with breathtaking anger management issues; a couple of master assassins; and you've managed to piss off every single one of us.

That was the plan.

Not a great plan
  10. Wouldn't call myself a superhero or comic fan but actually enjoyed this movie. Saw it tonight in 2D, I'm over the 3D ones. There were some quite funny lines and Robert Downey Jnr played his part well. Thor was definitely worth watching.
  11. Just saw it at Hoyts, 2D, more fool you for seeing it in 3D. Fantastic movie, although I still don't feel like they get Captain America. They did a bit better than First Avenger (a movie I still liked), but they're still treating him like a particularly skilful soldier, when really he is so much more. Anyone who's read The Ultimates 1 and 2 (let's just forget all about 3) will know what I'm talking about. Like riding in a tank dropped out of a plane right onto Hulks' head, then taking him down in hand to hand fighting. Cap is the one the others call in as the failsafe. He was better in this, but still not quite up to the appropriate level.

Also, in regards to it being the best Hulk portrayal...well I dunno about that, it was very different from Nortons' Hulk, but I think they both did a fantastic job. My only complaint is that they changed actors in a set of connected movies. And of course Nortons' Hulk had a lot more 'character' development, but that's to be expected when he had his own movie.
  12. I found that odd. What I have heard suggests that Norton may be a difficult person to manage in a role, though I don't know what that entails in this context. One thing that disappointed me about hulk in this movie was he wasn't a whole lot more than comic relief beside playing deus ex machina a couple times. But I guess it's a superhero movie full of superheroes and expecting much different may have been pushing the bounds of reasonable.
  13. Apparently Norton stated that he would have been willing to reprise his role as Banner. Not sure why the studio went with Ruffalo instead, I would hazard a guess at it being about salary, I'm sure they could pay Ruffalo a lot less than Norton, but that's just a guess. In a movie with a whole group of superheroes, it would be impossible to give them all good screen time, so I understand why this Hulk was more two dimensional than in Incredible Hulk. Absolutely pissed myself when Hulk blindsided Thor in Grand Central, Marvel knows how to do hilarious and serious at the same time
  14. hehe awesome film,
    absolutly loved that they used banner and stark to play off each other, awesome to see someone stark can banter with.
  15. saw it last week, absolutely loved it.

and all i'm going to say is this:
    Hulk + Loki = epic laugh out loud moment!
  16. #16 PatB, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    There was one about 15 years ago. It was rubbish and appears to have deservedly sunk without trace and been airbrushed from cinematic history.
  17. I'm glad I missed it then