Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ave a good day Diggers

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Mcsenna, Apr 24, 2014.

1. To all our ADF people, past and present, have a good and safe Anzac day and thank you.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Well said indeed

3. Best wishes today to all our military personnel, and to all the descendants of those who served, and especially of those who paid the ultimate sacrifice. The years pass and the events get further distant, but their deeds are not forgotten, nor will they ever be while we who enjoy the freedoms they defended have breath in our bodies.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thank you. I can't speak for all the ADF members, past and present, but I can tell you ANZAC Day was brilliant for me. I caught up with old mates, some I hadn't seen for nearly a decade.

This was my first year wearing my ADM after years of refusing to even apply for it. But my family, bless their little cotton socks, printed of the application form and made me sign it last year. It arrived last month, my wife surprised me with it on Thursday.

For those who don't know the ADM is effectively a 'participation medal'. You get it for completing your initial enlistment period.

5. I have suggested to my wife that next year we will go to the dawn service in Canberra, she like the idea...

6. That would be quite spectacular.

Over the years I've been to quite a few dawn services - as a serving member on parade and as a civilian - I must say the most moving one was 2 years ago when I went to the Dawn Service as Kapooka with my eldest son (who is in the RA Sigs).