Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Avalon Airport Parking

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by say_wat, Nov 8, 2008.

1. I have to go to Sydney for a week or so and was curious if anyone knew whether there is safe long-term parking available for motorcycles at Avalon airport.
    I've parked safely at Tulla and Sydney airports in the past and even gotten out for free (around the boom gates :grin: ).

Any such options for Avalon? Anyone know?

2.  Top
  3. [​IMG]

Is that the parking? Maybe I can chain the bike to one of the poles?

4. get a taxi to the airport instead

5. That will cost a small fortune ....... Avalon is a fair way out of town.

6. fair point - sorry I didn't know as I don't live in that part of the world.

Why do they build these things in the middle of nowhere?

7. I could possibly take their coaches, it only costs around $20 each way, but its the whole convenience issue. I'll have to walk to the tram stop, tram it to the city, walk to the bus stop, wait for bus, take bus, etc etc.

Might end up doing just that unless I get some more information about the parking issue. Thanks for the input so far lads :grin:

8. dont you have friends?? :p

9. I've got plenty...they just don't know yet :p

Nah, I'd rather not trouble my mates on weekday business hours, especially to drive all the way to Avalon if I have relatively easy alternatives.

10. There are quite a few companies that do secure parking around Tulla. I'm wondering if there are similar around Avalon?

11. Find a friend/netrider/friendly bike shop etc near Avalon, leave bike there and take short taxi trip?

12. Almost as bad as me suggesting that you find someone in Murwillumbah to look after your bike next time you catch a taxi to fly out of Coolangatta. :?

13. Sorry if you found my post unhelpful, but if you want to fly out of Cooly I know someone in Mur'bah who'd look after your bike. :grin:

15. Avalon was built a long time ago for military purposes not passenger srrvices, in fact they built Mirage Jets for the RAAF there a long time ago.

16. Yes, or along the white concrete area and fencing that runs across the centre of your picture. From memory, there is enough space to park the bike alongside that fence on the concrete.

17. Thanks :) Do you recall there being anywhere to chain the bike to near the fence?

18. In fact, this is exactly what the Avalon Airport manager said to do :)

Code:
    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 2:05 PM
    Subject: RE: Avalon Airport motorcycle parking?
    To: Jason Allen

Jason

Most bike riders chain their bikes to the fence opposite to where the buses park, suggests you liaise with security guard who patrols out the front when you arrive.

--------

Sent: Tuesday, 11 November 2008 2:06 PM
    To: Terry Bright
    Cc: Avalon Airport
    Subject: Avalon Airport motorcycle parking?

Hi,
    Do you have a motorcycle specific area in the carpark? Or close to the Terminal building?
    Am am concerned about the security of leaving my motorcycle in the vast main carpark and having someone able to push it up onto a trailer (or similar) and remove/steal it.

19. Perhaps this thread needs to be made a Sticky and placed in a suitable location so it can be easily found.

20. Take a sickie each day surrounding this trip and ride up? :grin: