Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Auxiliary Lights - Opinions

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by rc36, Aug 27, 2005.

1. My bike is just a bit too old to have benefitted from the advances in lighting that we see on the new superbikes.

I have fitted Hella H4 globes and that was an improvement, but I still feel a little disdvantaged out on the highway at night.

Does anyone have any experiences with fitting auxiliary driving lights? Is it worth the effort? What brands are good?
  2. Oh, you are sohoho funny!!!

Thanks for nuffin'

3. WOW, what a neat arrangement.
    Thanks heaps, jd. I don't know if I can afford that, but I might be able to make up something similar...cool!
  4. Go to your local Autobarn car accessory store and buy the new Phillips 'Vision Plus' globes. You will get significantly more light output than your Hella globes.
    They retail for around $35 a pair.
    Daz. :wink:
  5. I have a couple of these mounted under the nose of the K.

They work well and keep the high beam of the on-coming traffic dipped.

I wouldn't be without them.
  6. Ha!!!!!

I looked at a set of those in SuperCheap on Saturday and that's why I posted the request!!!

Thanks heaps!
  7. [​IMG]

combined with HID low and main, they work like nothing else short of a 'wing.
  8. Thanks, guys I sure appreciate the advice. Going shopping this weekend!!