Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Autopilot/not paying attention

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by lockie, May 3, 2012.

1. Normal ride home from work this afternoon in the usual horrible traffic along the Gateway... cruising along in the right lane with a fair gap to the van in front, and notice a car on the pulled over on the shoulder, which takes my attention... look up and notice the traffic in front has all but stopped. Fortunately, managed to duck to the left of the van so no harm - just a bit pissed off at myself for losing focus and not paying attention to the important stuff! First time in a while I've had that much of a lapse in concentration, so definitely a bit of a wake up call...

... on the plus side, didn't target fixate on the back of the van!

2. least you're OK...learn from this!
  3. back in the early eighties, I remember riding home from work one hot day, and a cop had pulled over a young girl, who was wearing a tube top and short shorts. she had her back to the traffic, and was shifting her weight from one leg to the other.
    Looked back to the traffic, and it had all stopped. endo'd the bike!.
    the cop almost couldnt stop laughing as he helped me pick up the bike.

no ticket for me, but I was assured he had 'the situation under control'

scenery no. traffic yes for attention.
    • Like Like x 2