Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Automatic Choke

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Seamus, May 28, 2005.

1. Hello forum,

Can I get an automatic choke for my bike, like you have in a car?

Would I need a whole new carburettor or EFI?

I've got a Yamaha XV1600. It is a V-Twin.
  2. Why not just stay beside your baby till she warms up then throttle her! :shock:
  3. As far as I can see from the specs sheet, your bike has fuel injection which means that it doesn't have, or need a choke. I'm prepared to be corected however.
    If it IS a carby rather than injected bike, fitting and automatic choke would be quite a hasle.
    I actually prefer a manual choke, to be honest. YOU control when it is shut off and auto chokes generally stay on way longer than they are actually needed and hence waste fuel.
  4. :shock:
  5. Who would you LIKE to choke manually, Knight????
  6. Way better feel manually too :)
  7. With my hands - lots of people......

Other ways..... :-#
  8. When I die i want to come back as a VTR seat....
  9. By the time you die I will have my own FireStorm. Hang on, that's a VTR as well!

Do the Storm's have automatic chokes? I dunno?
  10. Nope they are a manual deal as well......but i will help keep your cylinders warm........ducking and running :shock:
  11. Efi bikes have an automatic choke system that sits just above the throttle body, you could posibly make it manual but it might make the computer go funnny and I don't see the point of doing that any way.