Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Autocad 2007 users: heeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllpppppppppp!!!

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by twainharte, Oct 16, 2007.

1. i did something utterly foolish. :shock:

[​IMG]

could someone who has autocad v.2007 right there in front of them, at this very minute, be able to help.

cple of minutes of your time.

PM me, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese:)

2. '04 any good to you?

3. fark i am still on 2000......but we have just changed to a 3d package now.....is it a general acad issue or a 07 error?

4. no cad, but 3dsmax9.. can import cad files. depends what you need i guess

5. probably not.

cheers though.

i have 2006 in front of me (@home) at this minute but am unable to open the v.'07 file that I SAVED at tafe (IDIOT!). as much as i love to ride i ain't going back there today!

this is the dilemma i am facing!

feel free to mock and pock fun at me.

dunce.

6. You are screwed.

Only option I can think of right now is to open it up in non proprietry ACAD application that you might be able to download from somewhere for free and then re-save the file back to the version that you require it to be in.
    You're gonna lose some functionality for sure but the basic vector/arc data should still be OK.

*edit* When you are back at TAFE, make sure that when you save the file that you regress the save function to match the ACAD version you have at home. It's under Tools/Options/Open and Save. Just hit the flydown list and select the correct version to save.

7. cool tip. :)

NORMALLY , when i'm not being distracted by t&A, i: save as> files of type> select v. '04 and it's all good.

today, well...

[​IMG]

^that would be me. :LOL:

i still might have an avenue if the NR crowd can't help.

8. Holy freaken cow!
    You win! :LOL:

9. updateupdateupdateupdateupdateupdateupdateupdateupdateupdate

ok, update:

sooooooooooooooooooo, i am now, thankfully, able to open the file thanks to a contact in canberra. yep, you all read right: canberra! as you can all see i live in sydney!

i'm sure if i sat down and crunched the numbers it may have been somewhat quicker :twisted: had i just sped or should i say rode on the bike?

while i waited i got a lot of p0rn viewing, though. so it's all good.

cheers to all.

the end. :)

10. Even though I stopped drafting years ago, its nice to see that Autocad still likes to keep things incompatible with older releases! (hey - I remember V1.3, the V2's then all the releases....dog I'm old!)

If anyone wants Acad 9, I'm sure I'd have it somewhere, even the dongle thingo.

Give me a board anyday! (actually, the old boards were great way to get a really sore back...)

Cheers

Neil

11. I started with the board, vellum and ink too many years ago too!
    Can still remember the splinters from those fibreglass ink erasers.
    Damn they were painful!

Autocad will probably never go away entirely, although it has been replaced by a large degree these days by the many 3D packages around.

3D parametric modelling offers many many advantages over traditional 2D drawing, such as avoiding the 2D drawing phase altogether and manufacturing straight from the native 3D file.... :grin:

12. Re: updateupdateupdateupdateupdateupdateupdateupdateupdateup

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: