Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Austrian Electric Bike - Gulp!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by V2, Apr 16, 2014.

1. I want to say its really ugly - but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe its the corrugated iron look I like - or maybe its just the long blond hair that's got my attraction! Sure is different! Front steering appears to be like the Bimota Tesi which is impressive.

More Here
  2. Zero have released their line of electric motorcycles just recently. Amazing technology. Big price though.
  3. That looks horrible
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Stupid price for the Zero's. Compare our prices with other markets, the "Australia markup" has kicked in. It'll be interesting if they get any traction in this market,
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. The concept is great - an the distance per charge is getting there - but as you say - unlikely to sell a ton here at those prices.
  6. The girl looks pretty good, and I'm happy to look at the photo for that reason, but the bike is as ugly as sin.

I say ride it 150km somewhere, and when the battery runs out, dump it.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Indeed, the range is exactly right that you can ride it far enough away from home and leave it so that people will never know you had anything to do with it.
  8. The head lights look like a couple of under-seat pipes and the steering looks like a swingarm. It's going backwards!

And Zero, sound like great bikes but the price :wideyed:. "Tell him he's dreamin".
  9. Saw a zero the other day while picking up some bits and pieces. One of the eeriest things I've even seen, is a bike start moving and accelerate out of the car park and into traffic absolutely silently. Really really weird, and really triggered that 'somethings just wrong' gut reaction... like someone had hit the mute button on the TV during a car chase.

Feedback from the riders was the acceleration was insane, and utterly silent so very deceptive, and that pedestrians, other cars etc just didnt hear you coming... which made it really interesting in urban areas.
  10. I love the idea of the Zero. I'd be in the market for the 2014 SR if they hadn't priced them so ludicrously here. Whilst I appreciate the exhaust note of a good ICE, I like my personal vehicles as quiet as possible.

The electric motor, full torque from 0 RPM appeals to my inner geek, and they haven't made it an abomination like the rollerblade in the OP.
  11. The zero is an interesting bike but I agree with the earlier posters, the price in Australia is unreasonable.

As for the bike the OP posted it doesn't strike me as ugly so much as a triumph of styling over engineering :)
  12. I didn't realise it was Italian. :)