Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

News Australia's best female racers to take on the boys at the Sydney Motorcycle Show

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' started by NetriderBot, Nov 18, 2015.

1. In the ultimate battle of the sexes, four of Australia's best female motorcycle racers will race head-to-head against their male counterparts in the Honda Motorcycles Head2Head EnduroCross at this weekend's Sydney Motorcycle Show presented by InsureMyRide.

Tayla Jones and Jemma Wilson who are both members of Australia's successful International Six Day Enduro FIM Women's Trophy winning team will be joined by five-time Australian national trials champion Kristie McKinnon and Rhianna Buchanan.

Jones, who won the Women's 2015 Enduro X National title said the unique event would provide a good opportunity for the girls to show what they can do.

"I am so excited to be racing against the guys," said Jones. "It is a great opportunity for all of us girls to show what we can do.

"I haven"t done a lot of training this past month but I think I will be fine. It was a very hectic end to the year with the ISDE.

"This format is a different to what I am used to. It will be a lot tougher just having two of you out there.

"The really great thing about this event is that we are bringing the racing to the city. We will have a long more people watching us which will hopefully help to build the sport," she continued.

The event provides an opportunity for fellow competitor Kristie McKinnon, to race in front of a home crowd. McKinnon who hails from Penrith and is qualified aircraft engineer has claimed five national trials champion and has enjoyed international endurocross success, with wins in the coveted AMA EnduroCross Championship.

The 30-year old was selected six times to ride for Australia in the Trials des Nations, placed 3rd overall in the 2014 Australian Enduro X Championship and finished second at the 2014 AMA EnduroCross finale in Las Vegas.

"To be honest it is a bit never racking to racing against the guys but it should be a lot of fun," McKinnon said.

"While I normally ride trails, I have raced a lot of endurocross overseas including last year's X-Games.

"This is a different format to what we are all used to which will really spice things up. I am also excited to be racing in my home town," she continued.

The Honda Motorcycles Head2Head EnduroCross will see the girls take on some of Australia's best male racers including Will Ruprecht, Luca Bussa, Ben Grabham, Jack Field and Peter Boyle.

In a unique brand of competition, riders will compete on a track that incorporates all the standard endurocross obstacles including logs, tyres and sand located within the 3000 seat Charles Moses Stadium.

Friday's 'Media Walk' is open to the public for the first time and will host reveals from Yamaha, Suzuki, Harley Davidson, Ducati, Victory, Indian, Kawasaki, Triumph, MV August, Royal Enfield and BMW.

A huge line-up of motorcycle entertainment is scheduled throughout the weekend including the Honda Motorcycle Head2Head EnduroCross, which will see riders duel on a 2500sqm purpose built track located within the 3000 seat Charles Moses Stadium.

The Sydney Motorcycle Show will also pay homage to Australia's successful motorcycle stunt industry with special guest Robbie Maddison and an action packed line up of motorcycle stunt entertainment including KTM street bike stunt rider Lukey Luke, Yamaha stunt rider Dave McKenna, renowned freestyle motocross outfit Showtime FMX and World Freestyle Trials Champion Jack Field.

more ยป